Demographics and Geography
Demographics and Geography
Select Current Statistics for Louisiana
QuickFacts for Louisiana
Population projections for 2010-2030: State and parish-level population projections
Data Access Tools
QuickFacts: State and County QuickFacts provides frequently requested Census Bureau information at the national, state, county, and city level.
American FactFinder: This interactive application provides statistics from the Economic Census, the American Community Survey, and the 2010 Census, among others.
Census Reporter: a Knight News Challenge-funded project to make it easier for journalists to write stories using information from the U.S. Census Bureau.
Census Business Builder: a suite of tools to help people looking for data to help start or grow a business or understand the business landscape for a region.
Local Employment Dynamics: This partnership offers a variety of data tools including the following:
- QWI Explorer: Select and find out about NAICS-based or SIC-based Quarterly Workforce Indicators by state, geographic grouping, industry, year and quarter, sex, age group, and ownership.
- OnTheMap: This tool shows where workers are employed and where they live through an interactive and geographically flexible mapping interface. The maps, charts, and reports also provide detailed worker characteristics such as age, earnings, NAICS industry sector, as well as information on race, ethnicity, and educational attainment. Used in emergency management with up-to-the-minute information on the path of a storm and economic data for affected areas.
- J2J Explorer (BETA): This web-based analysis tool that enables comprehensive access to an innovative statistics on worker reallocation (i.e., flows of workers across employers, industries, and labor markets) in the United States.
Advanced Data Tools
- PUMS: Public-Use Microdata Samples (PUMS) files contain records for a sample of housing units with information on the characteristics of each unit and each person in it.
- DataFerrett: DataFerrett is a unique data analysis and extraction tool-with recoding capabilities-to customize federal, state, and local data to suit your requirements.
- IPUMS-USA: The Integrated Public Use Microdata Series (IPUMS-USA) consists of more than fifty high-precision samples of the American population drawn from fifteen federal censuses and from the American Community Surveys.
- Uexplore/Dexter: A web application that provides query access to the Missouri Census Data Center's public data archive.
Understanding Census Geography
Census Explorer: An interactive map that allows users to explore data from the censuses as well as the latest American Community Survey.
Census Flows Mapper: A map viewer that displays county-to-county migration from the American Community Survey 5-year estimates data.
Census Geocoder: The Census Geocoder allows users to look up the geography an address is located within for up to 10,000 addresses at a time.
Metropolitan and Micropolitan Area Population viewer: This map viewer shows 34 characteristics of the population for all metropolitan and micropolitan statistical areas by census tract and how they compare to the nation.
Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates (SAIPE) Interactive Tool: This map viewer displays poverty and income data for states, counties, and school districts.
TIGERweb: This is the Census Bureau's reference mapping tool that includes all geographic areas and features with 2010 population and housing unit counts. Users can view the TIGER database and access a Web Map Service (WMS) for app developers and more advanced GIS users.
More mapping resources
Subscribe to electronic notifications from the Louisiana State Census Data Center